There are times when I wonder what the hell is wrong with our culture.
This is one of those times.
Events leading up to a million-dollar Casey Anthony mask auction:
1. Casey Anthony’s child goes missing. She tells no one.
2. While her child, Caylee, is missing, Casey:
a) parties like it’s 1999
b) invents a make-believe babysitter to explain Caylee’s disappearance
c) leads the investigating officers, who are trying to find her missing child, on a wild goose-chase
d) lies about everything…absolutely everything
3. Casey’s father, George, finds maggots and smells dead-body stench in the trunk of his daughter’s car. Casey’s mother, Cindy, makes a frantic call to 911.
4. Caylee Anthony’s body is found.
5. Casey Anthony cries and says she’s the real victim.
6. In addition to maggots and dead-body stench, homicide investigators detect chloroform in the trunk of Casey’s car.
7. George & Cindy cry and say their daughter Casey is a victim of bad media.
8. Casey Anthony gets paid $200,000 by ABC News for an interview.
(Can you say checkbook journalism boys and girls?)
9. $200,000 richer, Casey goes on a shopping spree with friends.
10. Casey Anthony goes on trial for murdering her daughter Caylee.
11. Casey’s parents testify that it wasn’t really maggot-crawling dead-body stench in the trunk of their innocent daughter’s car. It was hamburger.
(Makes sense. I always confuse maggot-crawling, dead-body stench with hamburger. Don’t we all?)
12. O.J. Simpson, um, I mean Casey Anthony is found Not Guilty of the murder of her daughter Caylee.
What the hell is wrong with this picture??!!